Stories of success by people with learning disabilities – in their own words
- The latest campaigning anthology from the publisher of The Good Immigrant, Repeal the 8th and Common People.
- Saba Salman is a widely published social affairs journalist who regularly contributes to the Guardian: she has been reporting on equality and disability issues for more than twenty years.
- Much of this work has been informed by Saba's relationship with her younger sister, who has a learning disability.
- The contributors include acclaimed actor Sarah Gordy MBE, best known for her roles in Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife; the former Paralympic athlete and award-winning swimmer Dan Pepper; artist Laura Broughton, the first woman with a learning disability to win a place at the Royal Academy's Summer Exhibition; and Gavin Harding, the UK's first mayor with a learning disability.
- Saba and the contributors will be available for events around publication.